Cycling Edge is bound by the Commonwealth Privacy Act and the ten National Privacy Principles for the handling of personal information, which are set out in that Act. Our policies, processes and systems have been developed to ensure we comply with all our obligations under the Privacy Act.
The information we collect
Each time someone visits our site, our web server collects the following types of information:
- The number of users who visit
- The date and time of visits
- The number of pages viewed
- How users navigate through the site
No attempts are made to identify anyone browsing our site. The data is captured so that we can accurately evaluate the quality of our content and make improvements for you.
What type of personal information do we collect?
Cycling Edgecollects personal information that is necessary to review employment applications, maintain our relationships with our customers, administer any award program or competition we may run, market our products and deal with enquiries and complaints regarding those products.
The personal information we collect for promotional and business purposes is generally limited to contact details (name, address and phone no.). If you apply for a job at Cycling Edge, we will collect information related to your employment history. If you lodge a complaint with us, we will record details and the nature of the complaint.
How do we collect personal information?
We usually collect personal information directly from the individual to whom the information relates. We collect personal information about prospective employees from the resumes they provide (or which may be provided by a recruitment agency).
Personal information about our business customers is usually collected from direct contact between those customers and our representatives.
Personal information about customers is collected by us if you:
- place an order with Cycling Edge;
- request a cost estimation of work to be carried out by Cycling Edge; or
- lodge a complaint/enquiry about our business.
If you forward information to us either electronically (eg. in an email) or by sending it to us as a hard copy document, we will collect that information and use it for the purposes for which you have provided it to us.
How your personal information will be managed
Cycling Edge will take reasonable commercial steps to ensure that all information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete, up to date and stored in a secure environment accessed only by authorised persons.
We will, where commercially practicable and permitted by law, destroy or permanently de-identify personal information that is no longer needed.
How your personal information will be used
Cycling Edge will use the personal information provided to us for one or more of the following purposes (depending on the circumstances):
- review employment applications;
- maintain and develop our business relationships with our business customers;
- respond to and analyse complaints and enquiries regarding Cycling Edge;
- administer award programs we may run from time to time;
- notify you from time to time of special events or offers and services Cycling Edge may provide; and
- fulfil all legal and regulatory requirements of Cycling Edge.
Your use of the Cycling Edge web site constitutes consent to the storage of your information by Cycling Edge and any contractor providing hosting services to Cycling Edge.
If you do not wish to receive information about additional promotions and services offered by Cycling Edge, you can let us know by sending our Privacy Officer a message by post, fax or email at any of the addresses set out below.
Will my personal information be disclosed to a third party?
The personal information Cycling Edge collects from you is strictly confidential. We will not disclose that information to any third parties other than:
- related bodies corporate of Cycling Edge;
- any contractor Cycling Edge engages for web-hosting services;
- as we may be required to do by law;
- or otherwise with your consent.
Cycling Edge will take reasonable steps to ensure that any personal information disclosed to a third party is protected by that party in accordance with the Privacy Act.
How you can access your personal information
On request, you may have access to your personal information held by Cycling Edge, except in circumstances where access may be denied under the Privacy Act or other law. Examples of these circumstances are:
- where providing access will pose an unreasonable impact on the privacy of another individual;
- where providing access would be unlawful, would pose a threat to the life or health of an individual, may prejudice an investigation of possible unlawful activity, may prejudice enforcement of laws or denying access is specifically authorised by law.
To make a request for your personal information, please contact our Privacy Officer (contact details below). We will endeavour to acknowledge a request for personal information within 14 days and provide the information as requested within 30 days. If personal information is provided to you as the result of a request, you may be charged a fee for costs incurred in providing that information such as photocopying, administration and postage. If access is denied we will provide you with reasons for our decision.
How you can correct your personal information
If you believe that the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete or not up to date please let us know. Provided we agree with you, we will correct it. If we do not agree with you, we will place a statement of what you allege is correct where that information is kept and accessed.